Thursday, August 30, 2007
Final Summer Adventure
Hmm... We went punting Tuesday, not sure why it's dated Monday. Will have to study this. We woke up Wednesday to sunshine, with an uncertain forecast. Aware that summer break was coming to an end, I wanted to make a trip to the coast before school started. The weather report seemed to indicate sooner was better than later. So I ran down to the Tourist Information center to find a place to stay on the way to the car-rental place. I eventually got very good help and a reservation at a B&B (apparently the right kind of place to stay in these circumstances), and a car with just a few scratches by the time I made it to the house. It was predictable that I would hit a curb on the left hand side, but I did not anticipate it. I can't see any dents, but the noise was alarming. The very short version is that we had a nice trip to the beach despite very tense driving conditions, and three kids in much closer quarters than they are used to, with much less to do than they are used to in a car. (Next time we drive anywhere, I will have a CD of something of interest to the kids.) It took every ounce of both adults mental capacity to read road signs and figure out which lane to be in for about 80% of the drive. Even in the middle of nowhere, they have traffic circles with streets going off in various angles. Anyway, it was an adventure. We know how to rent a car. The kids spent an entire morning beachcoming just like they do at home. I think it was a nice break for all of us. Now we prepare for the school year, and Bruce prepares for numerous presentations in several countries, and fall lectures. More, the longer version, tomorrow after we sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hiya,
Looking forward to the long version!
Sometimes I think the blogger makes the date whatever date you started a post, instead of the date it was published/posted/finished.
See you soon, o so soon. Deb
Actually I expect that the blog dating is based on USA time since it's on a domestic server - it's just that we're 8 hours earlier.
Post a Comment