Thursday, August 23, 2007

CryFest 2007

After Grandma Barbara read stories to the kids in bed last night as usual, I entered their/our bedroom to find at least Sophia sobbing. She says it's because she didn't want to come here for four months, she only wanted to come for two weeks. The first night we were here, Olivia woke up in the middle of the night, wandered the hall, went back to bed, a couple of times. I went in to help her, she said she needed to go to the bathroom and she was hungry. I took her to the bathroom, then offered her some snacks, to which her reply was "no, I don't want any of those things, that's exactly why I didn't want to come here!" I said "What? What is exactly why you didn't want to come here?" She said "All of those things, waking up in the middle of the night, nothing to eat, all of those things."

Anyway, it all came out again last night. I asked the kids what they miss most about home and they said everything. Olivia misses her friends and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I think Sophia really does miss everything. She just wants everything to be the same. Of course, most of the upstairs of our house right now is ripped down to the studs, so we don't have the same old house to go home to, for better or worse. Miranda especially misses petting Dusty's head and tummy. We had at least an hour of heartfelt sobs before Bruce came in and put an end to it. A few poop jokes and a request for quiet and they were out. Thank goodness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great updates ! Keep them coming...

Len

Unknown said...

When does school start for the girls? Maybe the new adventure will brighten up their spirits. Take care and good luck! Thanks for keeping us updated. It's good fun to read. -- Sharon

Unknown said...

I love this picture. Each of the girls is so in character--Olivia with her leg thrown across Miranda and Sophia facing off in her own direction, and Miranda just accepting it all. The cry fest reminds me that you learn to appreciate your home by being somewhere else. We can already anticipate how much they will miss England after they come home. These will be great memories for years to come. Love to all, Terri