Thursday, August 23, 2007

Last Day with the McGoughs

Yesterday I literally stayed in the house in my pajamas. Ben, Barbara, and Bruce took the girls for a walk along the hedgerow through the field behind the house. It appears to be the city limits on our map. It turned out to be much longer and wetter than they expected. The kids really didn't want to leave the house today, but I explained that it was Grandma and Grandpa's last day with us and that we were going out. For the second time, Bruce left ahead of us to put some time in at the office. This time he dropped off Ben at the geological museum on the way.

Barbara and I brought the girls down to meet them for lunch and then went on to the mall in town. Very familiar, very convenient, the girls had their best day so far. Mostly because of the chance ride on a double-decker bus, the escalator, the repiercing of the ears at Claire's, and a little hot chocolate to get us through the bus ride home. I reminded the girls they were being spoiled this week, and not to expect it to continue after today. Bruce and Ben picked up take-out Chinese for dinner (next door to our neighborhood grocery, Olivia's favorite) for the second time. We actually cooked twice while they were here.

Tomorrow we say goodbye and reorganize the house and clean up. The weather might get a little better. Apparently everyone else -- even on Great Britain -- is still having summer.

No comments: