Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our First Guests

Bruce's parents, Barbara and Ben, arrived around 3pm. It was a significant family project to get ourselves unpacked enough to host and sleep two additional people. (Bruce and I absorbed Olivia and M and S shared the extra twin, for those interested in such details). Bruce, Ben and I made a major grocery run which still consists of a half-mile walk to the co-op, and everybody carrying very heavy plastic grocery bags back, and almost had enough for a meal when we got back. I had to jump on the bike and go back for spaghetti sauce.

The kids are ready for another adventure looking around town. It is overcast and the ground is soaking wet. We'll see how far we get. Bruce's friend Eran has lived here a year or two, he has two young kids and a very pregnant wife who has offered to take us shopping in their minivan. Might just take her up on that. We'll probably also go ahead and buy weekly bus passes. Did I mention we've downloaded Skype, now we're shopping for a microphone, then maybe we'll be able to make some phone calls. Ciao for now.

5 comments:

MB said...

Your comment about carrying heavy grocery bags reminds me: probably on one of my home stays in college, I asked my Dad if his one arm ever bothered him. He said that when he had to walk to the store for groceries, the bags got kind of heavy. Nice to have two arms - too bad about the rain.

My Skype ID is "ombull". I have headsets, so we're ready to go, but we'll have to schedule a time to be sitting at our computers to make a call. Also let us know what your Skype ID is . . .

Unknown said...

Glad to see Mom and Dad made it... Let me know your phone number and the best way to contact you and Bruce.

Len

Lassila said...

Good you didn't rent the car! Otherwise it would have been far too easy for a true European experience. Enjoy!!

Lassili

deb said...

Regarding skype, I need to shop myself. I think some of the cameras have mic's built into them, don't they?

Hoping to go to the Cambridge United soccer game on 9/15. Still in the daydreaming stage, as opposed to the planning stage on that.

Kristine said...

Barbara - love your blog.....great idea. Thanks for keeping me posted!