It seems like just a couple of weeks ago that Bruce was out of town again, and I was in a complete panic over the prospect of finding three pairs of cleats and shinguards and locating the uniforms that had either been handed out at practice or needed to be picked up before the game. Actually, four pairs of cleats would have been nice, as I needed to ref as well, but I did without and looked like a dork, as my husband pointed out the following week.
I managed to find the Jackson 5 cd and play a few songs to set the mood ("I Want You Back"), and make some waffles for the morning carbo load. As usual, I didn't get the reception or appreciation I expected as Sophia announced she didn't like Michael Jackson. Liking songs usually associates my kids with one of their parents, not both. Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder would be mom's music, ACDC and Styx would be dad's.
One canceled game due to snow in April (the weekend the aunties came down), and then all of a sudden it is the end of the season. (It is a little short as we weren't able to have the 5-aside tournament due to repair work being done on the fields.) The girls all advanced in their skills, especially around confidence and sense for the field. And I finally took pictures, though not as well as family members with better cameras and more focus usually do.
One troubling development is that Sophia seems to have either allergies or exersion-related asthma which meant that, especially when it was hot, she sometimes had trouble breathing and had to be subbed. She was visibly scared as she said her throat tightened when she was trying to breathe.
Next comes the end of the school year. Miranda's last days as an elementary school student, our family's last days with all three kids at the same school. Sophia has to decide if she's going to try out for the choir, Miranda is deciding whether she'll stay in. Not sure if it has so much to do with singing as it does how cool choir people are or are not. So far everyone is planning to play AYSO soccer again next year. So glad to be in a country where the girls play "football" too.
3 comments:
Wow, look at how grown up those young ladies are! I guess they've passed the little kid/babies torch onto the next set.
Julia
Definitely not any babies here, unless we have to clean our rooms or eat something other than mac and cheese.
The girls look great. Olivia peeping in the side of the shot of Miranda leaving for camp is a total hoot. Thanks for taking pictures. I'm sad to have missed the whole soccer season 'cept the snow out. I hope you can find a remedy for Sophia's respiratory problems. I remember Amani in high school had the same or a similar thing.
I think the McGirls passed the baby torch a couple of years ago. :)
See you soon!
Deb
Post a Comment